Educators demonstrate a broad knowledge base and an understanding of areas they teach.

I obtained my Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting Prior to entering the Bachelor of Education at UNBC. This degree consisted of various courses such as accounting, marketing, finance, and different levelled maths. This degree has given me an advanced understanding of numeracy and interpersonal communications. In my practicum, I found that having a deep understanding of numeracy allowed me to effectively explain different concepts in math. I have also successfully completed post-secondary courses in a broad set of areas including Psychology, History, Political Science, Biology, Chemistry, English, and First Nations Studies.

In addition, I have a broad knowledge base extending outside of post-secondary education. I currently hold a coaching certification for soccer. I have a strong knowledge of physical literacy, and also have experience coaching and participating in basketball, volleyball, and track and field. I have learned a wide variety of games, activities, and techniques through my participation in sports which I can directly transfer to my instuction in physical eduation. My other personal interests allow me to offer a well-rounded knowledge base to my learners. I have basic knowledge in the areas of music (self-taught guitar), yoga, weight-lifting and mountain biking.

I come from Honduran background, in which I am able to speak and write Spanish. My background allows me to share cultural diversity, different world views, and the Spanish language with my learners.

I take pride in myself as a lifelong learner, which is why my knowledge base is constantly growing. I am beyond excited to integrate my diverse academic and experiential background into BC’s flexible curriculum!

Degree