VALUES

Respect: Not only is respect one of my core values, but it is also required as part of the British Columbia Teachers’ Council (BCTC) Code of ethics in Standard 1, “Educators value the success of all students. Educators care for students and act in their best interests.” Within this standard, it is stated that “educators treat students equitably with acceptance, dignity, and respect. I treat all my students with equal respect while encouraging them to foster this sense of respect towards others.

Honesty: Honesty is a very important trait to me. I believe that solid relationships are founded on honesty, which is why I embody this trait for my students and fellow colleagues. I always praise my students when they are honest with me, which allows for a positive classroom culture.

Community: A classroom thrives or struggles based on its classroom community. As a teacher, I stress the importance of building a strong community where my students feel like they can count on each other and myself. In order to build a sustainable community, I emphasize the importance of inclusiveness. My value for community extends outside of my classroom to my greater school community as well.

GOALS

As a lifelong learner, I am constantly thinking of new goals that I can set and achieve. As of now, my goals are to obtain a teaching contract with School District 57, obtain a master’s degree in leadership or counselling, and broaden my knowledge in assessment.

I have had the pleasure of working in School District 57, and I have loved it! I was born and raised in Prince George and would love to remain a part of such a supportive and lively community. As for a master’s degree, I have become very interested in leadership through my coaching opportunities. I would love to extend on my interest of leadership through a master’s degree in leadership! It is also one of my goals to broaden my knowledge in assessment. Throughout my teaching journey, I have found assessment to be one of my biggest areas for growth. I have also found understanding components of assessment to be amongst the most rewarding “aha moments.” This is why it is my goal to broaden my knowledge of assessment through both research and practice.